These lettuce wraps are the perfect bite-sized meal! You will want to marinate the meat overnight to let the sauce really soak in for full flavor. We love eating this on summer nights and they are full of colorful veggies. Feel free to add any toppings you like.
- Rib eye (cut flank style) or flank steak
- Southern Art Original Korean BBQ Sauce
- Butter lettuce or red leaf lettuce
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl or plastic bag, place your meat and cover generously with Southern Art Original Korean BBQ Sauce and let it marinate either overnight or at least 12 hours.
- After marinating, grill your meat. Ideally, you would grill your meat over a charcoal grill for that smoky flavor, but here's a hack that my mom taught me that makes it so easy for quick weeknights and zero mess: heat your oven-safe pan to medium-high heat on the stove and grill the meat gently on each side until about medium-rare and then finish off by broiling in the oven on high heat on the highest rack for a few minutes on each side.
- Cut the grilled meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare lettuce by washing and separating each of the leaves. Make sure to pat the leaves dry to give them a spin in a salad spinner to get off the excess water.
- Wash and prepare the vegetables. Slice the jalapeños and julienne the green onions and carrots. Feel free to add any of your other favorite vegetables, like sliced avocados, cucumbers, or sautéed mushrooms.
- You can serve this family style so that people can assemble their own wraps.
- Build your lettuce wrap by taking a lettuce leaf and put a spoonful of rice, grilled meat, and vegetables. Garnish with sesame seeds if you like.
- For added flavor, you can also use the Southern Art Original Korean BBQ Sauce as a dipping sauce for your lettuce wraps. Enjoy!