The crunchiness of Korean fried chicken is unmatched. This recipe kicks it up a notch with some spice and puts in in a sandwich!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 2/3 Cup of Cornstarch
- Black Pepper
- Asian Slaw or Lettuce
- Avocado Oil for Frying (or oil of your choice)
- Brioche Bun (or any bun)
- Southern Art Spicy Korean BBQ Sauce
- Sliced Red Onions
- Sliced Green Onions
- Sesame Seeds
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and add heavy cream and whisk.
- Add chicken breast to the egg and cream mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cornstarch, black pepper, and salt.
- Transfer chicken breast from your wet mixture bowl and coat in dry mix. Coat again in wet mix and back again in dry mix.
- Heat pan with about 1 inch deep of avocado oil.
- Fry up your chicken breast in the oil.
- In a separate pan, heat up several spoonfuls of Southern Art Spicy Korean BBQ Sauce.
- After chicken is fried, coat your the chicken on both sides with sauce.
- Assemble your sandwich by placing the saucy fried chicken on toasted brioche bun.
- I was lazy and bought an Asian Slaw mix from the grocery store to put on top of the sandwich. Shortcuts are what bring happiness! Feel free to add lettuce or any other greens.
- Top with Asian Slaw mix, sliced red onions, green onions, and sesame seeds.